Kia, VW SUVs Best Sellers in Q3
Nov. 5, 2019—Automakers are investing heavily in larger new models with sizable interiors, as evidenced by a look at the best-selling vehicles in the third quarter. As a report by USA TODAY noted, Kia, Hyundai and Subaru's push to sell large SUVs for the first time paid big dividends.
USA TODAY's list of hottest-selling vehicles for the third quarter was compiled based on subjective analysis of sales data, and momentum.
The five top-selling models were as follows:
1. Kia Telluride. The Telluride had third-quarter sales of 16,918 units, and the large SUV hit dealerships less than a year ago. Demand for the U.S.--made Telluride continues to outpace model supply, Kia said in a statement.
2. Volkswagen Atlas. this SUV produced 20,790 units in third-quarter sales, which was up 40.1 percent. The vehicle's online search share over the last year peaked in the third quarter, according to shopping site CarGurus.
3. Ford Transit. This fleet vehicle featured third-quarter sales of 55,413 units, which represented an increase of 29.4 percent. That growth includes the Transit Connect, which is an electric model.
4. GMC Sierra. This vehicle produced third-quarter sales of 66,198, including light-duty and heavy-duty models, marking an increase of 28.9 percent.
5. Porsche Cayenne. The redesigned SUV moved 4,300 units in third quarter, representing a 274.6 percent spike. It is now Porsche's second-best seller.