American Honda, Drew Technologies Partner for Scanning
Aug. 5, 2019—American Honda recently announced that Drew Technologies has agreed to license the HDS/i-HDS software to run on their CrashDrive remote scanning tablet for scanning Honda and Acura vehicles.
As a result, the CrashDrive unit is now added to the list of devices that meet the ProFirst Certified requirement for pre- and post-scanning of damaged vehicles, according to a press release.
For ProFirst shops, the announcement now means that they'll have multiple options, including the following:
1. Purchase your own subscription to HDS/i-HDS software and use the
DST-i Pass-through Device
2. AsTech remote scanning with HDS/-i-HDS Software
3. AirPro remote scanning with HDS/i-HDS Software
4. Drew Technologies DriveCrash with HDS/i-HDS Software
5. Sublet to dealer or third party running HDS/i-HDS Software
Additionally, for easier audits, shops will want to be sure to keep the actual "All DTC" report and any supporting documentation in their files, in addition to the invoice regardless of which scanning method is used.