TechForce Foundation Launches 'Because I'm a Tech' Campaign
August 27, 2018—TechForce Foundation, a non-profit organization focused on championing students to and through their technical education and into careers as professional transportation technicians, ha
The campaign is designed to educate teens and parents that there’s more than one road to success, that a technical education and career is a viable pathway to a rewarding future, and about the attractive opportunities of being a professional technician in America’s robust transportation industry.
Labor Day has long been celebrated as a day dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. However, over the years its true meaning has taken a backseat to rituals of shopping, backyard barbecues, and for many, simply celebrating the end of summer and preparing for a new school year.
The Because I’m a Tech campaign is designed to:
- Connect students who are hands-on learners and problem-solvers, who love fixing and making things work, who have an affinity for computers, diagnostics and technology to an education and career that fits them;
- Teach parents and their teens about the social and economic achievements that can await them by pursuing a technical education and career as a professional, trained technician;
- Ease fears and help parents and influencers understand how and why these careers are no longer considered “blue collar,” but rather “new collar”;
- Show that technicians are not being replaced by automation and technology, but rather advanced by it;
- Let them see firsthand how real people are building rich and fulfilling lives because they are techs. Videos at futuretechsuccess.org
- Demonstrate exactly where and how to start one’s own journey down this promising path by providing an actual “roadmap” to success. Downloadable maps at futuretechsuccess.org/map.