AAIA elects new chairman, board of directors members
May 21, 2012—The Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA) recently elected Tim Lee of Lang Distributing as chairman of its 2012-2013 board of directors.
Lee will replace AAIA’s current chairman Bob Egan of Federal-Mogul Corporation. Lee’s position will take effect July 1.
AAIA said Lee began his career in the aftermarket in 1971 as a jobber sales representative and district sales manager with United Delco. Lee joined Kankakee, Ill.-based Lang Distributing in 1975, where he served as marketing manager, sales manager and general manager, before purchasing the company in 1985.
Lee has served on the board of directors for the Bumper to Bumper marketing group, the executive board of the Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance, and chairman of the Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA), AAIA said.
AAIA said Lee has received several AWDA recognitions, including the Leader of the Year award, the Martin Fromm Lifetime Achievement award, Pursuit of Excellence award and the Art Fisher Memorial Scholarship award. He has also received the Industry Service Award from Northwood University.
In addition, the AAIA recently elected several other new officers and members to its 2012-2013 board of directors, whose positions will also take effect July 1.
AAIA’s new executive committee members include the following:
• Richard Jago of Old World Industries Inc.
will serve as vice chairman.
• Michael Klein of IDQ Holding Inc. will serve as treasurer.
• David Scheer of Inland Truck Parts Company will serve as secretary.
• Cal Wilkins of TASCO will serve as vice president.
• Ira Davis of Multi Parts Supply USA will serve as vice president.
• Lisa Kranc of AutoZone Inc. will serve as vice president.
• John Washbish of Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance will serve as vice president.
• Robert Egan of Federal-Mogul Corporation will serve as past chairman.
The following nine new individuals were elected to AAIA’s board of directors:
• Thomas Beer of TKB Consultants
• Michael Broderick of CARQUEST Corporation
• Jim Dykstra of Dykstra Auto Service
• Roger McCollum of N.A. Williams Company
• John Quirk of VIP Inc.
• Sherri Rains of Blue Magic Inc.
• David Segal of Automotive Supply Associates Inc.
• Michael Swearengin of O’Reilly Auto Parts
• Randal Ward of Automotive Aftermarket Association Southeast
For more information, visit aftermarket.org.
FenderBender encourages readers to comment and engage in meaningful, respectful dialogue with their peers on the issues that are important to them. Comments that include profanity, vulgarity, or personal attacks will be removed. Repeat violators may be banned from commenting. All comments are eligible for inclusion in FenderBender magazine.